DewGas International Inc. (“DewGas”, “our”, “us”, or “we”), is the “data controller” of the personal information we collect about you when you visit or use any of our websites, or use products, services and applications that are linked to this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Sites”). This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, share and use your personal information collected in this way and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
When we interact with you, we may also provide you with additional privacy notices about specific processing activities or offer you additional choices about how DewGas processes your personal information at that particular point in time.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the section that interests you:
Information collected directly from you. We may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide personal information to us when you contact or engage with us (e.g., with a comment, inquiry or customer support request, site visitors) or register for an account to use our Sites. This personal information may include:
- Identity data, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal or zip code, and/or country);·
- Registration data, provided by you when you register for an account to use our Sites, including usernames and passwords;
- Recruitment data, including information submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry (as described below);·
- Business contact data, such as information related to other employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of a third-party organization (e.g., business, company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency).
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications;
- Financial information, including credit card or other financial account information for the purpose of enabling us to facilitate your purchase of Company products and services that may be available on our Sites;
- Export control information, such as your nationality, citizenship and country of residence, that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- Transaction data, including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you, including purchase order history and information needed to facilitate payment transactions;
- Event registration information, including information you provide when filling in e-registration forms; and
- Your feedback, including surveys, recommendations, or other feedback from you about our Sites as well as our products and services generally.
When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information we collect automatically about you. We collect certain information about your visit to our Sites using cookies and similar tracking technologies. We will always respect any legal rights you may have to prevent us doing this. Data collected in this way includes:
- Usage data, including information about how you use our Sites, what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the Site, the website from which you linked to one of our Sites and other actions taken within the Sites; and
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language and your operating system.
For information about the cookies and other similar tracking technologies we use on our Sites, please refer to our Cookie Notice.
- Geo-location information. For certain Sites, with your consent, we may collect the precise, real-time location (i.e., geo-location) of your mobile device. This information will be used only for purposes of facilitating your use of the Sites including by our service providers who may process this information in connection with providing services on our behalf. If given, you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
- Information collected from third parties. In accordance with applicable law, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as social media websites and applications and combine it with information we already hold, to help us improve and customize our Sites to your preferences and for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement. We may also collect your business contact information from your employer or other third parties to facilitate or otherwise engage in traditional business activities and similar administrative matters.
We may use the personal information collected via our Sites or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Business Contact Data. Honeywell collects and uses business contact data to engage in communications or transactions, including for conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving, a product or service. For example, Honeywell may collect and use this business contact data in order to facilitate and manage orders, contracts, warranties, maintenance, and similar business functions, for credit analysis and collection purposes, to assist with our own internal compliance and legal requirements, and (if necessary) to defend our interests and claims.
- Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on Company products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our Sites.
- Administering and protecting our business and Sites. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our Sites, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Improving our business, Sites, products and services. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing our Sites to your particular preferences or interests.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us using the contact information listed in this Privacy Statement. Depending on your country of residence, you may also be able to opt out of other types of marketing communications; please contact us using the contact information listed in the Privacy Statement for more information. Some jurisdictions provide individuals (e.g., California residents) with the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. For more information on our data disclosure practices for marketing purposes, please contact us in accordance with the instructions listed below.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We collect data about your online activities and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that is most relevant to you. You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from Honeywell as described in our Cookie Notice.
- Financial Incentive and Loyalty Programs. We collect and use personal information to maintain and administer our financial incentive and loyalty programs. We use the personal information you provide in these programs to offer unique rewards, track your program status, and to facilitate the exchange of program points for products, promotional materials, training workshops, and other items. To the extent permitted by law, we may also use any personal information that you provide in the context of a financial incentive program for any other purpose set forth in this Privacy Statement. Please review the terms and conditions of each financial incentive program in which you would like to register or participate as such terms and conditions may be narrowly tailored to the applicable program. If you consent to participate in these programs, you may withdrawal that consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement or in accordance with the instructions set forth in the applicable program’s terms and conditions.
- Employment applications. In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and job background, and information about professional training and certifications. We and members of our group may use this information for the purpose of employment consideration, background checks and employment eligibility, and as otherwise set forth in any separate privacy statement or other notice made available to in connection with your application. We may use a third party (e.g., job recruiter) or social media platform to solicit, collect, and retain employment applications. For more information, please read our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- Research and analysis. We may use your personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- Enforcement: We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Sites.
Where permitted by law, we may combine the information that we collect via our Sites with other information we hold about you (such as information about your use of our products and services) in order to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with us or for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases our legal basis will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for the performance of the services we provide to you, or in order to take steps (at your request) prior to, and anticipation of, performing, such services;
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas;
- Consent: the processing is based on your consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes (e.g. marketing);
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to develop and improve our Sites, products and/or services for the benefit of our customers; or
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests (for example, health and safety reasons if you attend a meeting at a DewGas location).
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com.
In accordance with applicable law, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Privacy Statement. We may collect, use, aggregate and share anonymized information for any purpose.
The period during which we store your personal information varies depending on the purpose for the processing. For example, we store personal information needed to provide you with products and services, or to facilitate transactions you have requested, for so long as you are a customer of Honeywell or if you submit an employment application via our Sites, we will retain details of your application as set forth in the privacy notice made available to you in connection with your application or as otherwise required by law. In all other cases, we store your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, following which time it is either anonymized (where permitted by applicable law), deleted or destroyed.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set out below:
- Our group companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and group companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies with which we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, conducting surveys, processing transactions, analyzing our Sites and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services. We require these service providers to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Distributors and other trusted business partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that distribute our products and other trusted business partners for purposes that include allowing those third parties to send marketing communications to you. Such sharing of personal information for marketing purposes will be performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfilment of the transaction.
- Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons DewGas decides to sell, buy, divest, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. We may disclose information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of DewGas’s assets.
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.